Carlos Tevez wants to leave from Manchester City

Monday, December 13, 2010
Carlos Tevez has reiterated his desire to leave Manchester City and has blamed the breakdown of his relationship with "certain executives and individuals" as one of the main reasons behind his decision.

City confirmed earlier on Sunday that they had turned down a transfer request from the Argentine, claiming that they had been "particularly disappointed" with the actions of the player's representative, Kia Joorabchian.

In light of the statement from City, Tevez himself has offered his reasons behind wanting out of Eastlands and has claimed the decision has nothing to do with money, rejecting suggestions he has been influenced by others.

"I could have signed an improved contract offer by the club for this season, however this decision is not about money. I have made that clear to both the board and the management on several occasions," he said.

"I have not been influenced by anyone else in making this decision. It is something I have felt for some time and [I] have spent many hours thinking this through. I wanted to leave in the summer, but was influenced then and convinced to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed. I hugely resent the management's suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others.

"I am disappointed that the management should now see fit to try to portray the situation in another light. My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair. I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them.

"Since signing for Manchester City, I have enjoyed playing for the supporters. They have welcomed me to the club and I regret that it has come to this. They deserve success as reward for their passionate and patient support. The club is very fortunate to have supporters like this.

"Anybody who has watched me play for Manchester City, cannot question my commitment and passion for the club whenever I have worn the shirt.

"I can confirm I have handed a transfer request to the chairman of Manchester City Football Club, And now I need to clear my head and think because this is an important part of my career. My feelings have not changed and it is regrettable we have reached this situation."

Despite rumours of a bust up with boss Roberto Mancini, Tevez insists he has "no personal issue" with the former Inter manager and went on record to offer words of thanks to owner Sheikh Mansour.

"The owner has been very generous with what he has offered to me. I would like to thank the owner Sheikh Mansour for his understanding and support," he added.

"I wish to clarify that I have no personal issue with the manager Roberto Mancini."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))